July 20, 2024

Shradha Walkar and Aftab Poonawala were staying in Naigaon and shifted base to Delhi earlier this year. The Delhi Police arrested the man for allegedly killing the woman, chopping her body into multiple pieces and dumping them at different locations in the city.

Aftab Amin Poonawalla killed his live-in partner, chopped her into 35 pieces and scattered the body parts across Delhi. Five months after committing the crime, he has been arrested.In a significant milestone, the Delhi Police has solved the brutal murder case of a girl in the nation’s capital.Her alleged lover is accused of killing the 26-year-old woman and then hacking her into up to 35 pieces.About six months ago, the heinous crime took place, shocking the nation and the citizens of the city alike.Delhi police were keeping an eye on the girl’s killer lover after learning that the culprit had disposed of her body in parts.


A 26-year-old woman who was allegedly murdered by her boyfriend in Delhi was said to be in a live-in relationship with him since 2019 after her parents disapproved of their relationship, said the police in Maharashtra. The police identified the woman as Shraddha Walkar from Vasai and said her father approached the Mira Bhayander Vasai Virar (MBVV) police to file a missing person complaint in October this year.

Shraddha had met the accused, Aftab Ameen Poonawalla, through a dating app when she was working at a call centre in Malad, said the police. In October 2019, she informed her family about the relationship but they did not approve of it and she moved in with him as the couple were staying in Naigaon. Since then she did not visit her family except in early 2020 when her mother passed away, said the police. The couple went for a trip to north India earlier this year and shifted base to Delhi, the police added.

Shraddha’s family used to communicate with her through one of her male childhood friends. In September this year, the friend informed Shraddha’s father that even he had been unable to contact her since May.

Shraddha’s father then asked the friend to come home and he told her family that she had left Mumbai and moved to Delhi in March 2022.

Her father tried to contact her but when he got no response, he approached the Vasai police station on October 6 with a missing complaint. The complaint was forwarded to the Manikpur police station in Vasai on October 12. The Manikpur police then contacted the Delhi Police, who began investigating the matter and traced Poonawalla.

The Delhi Police arrested the accused for allegedly killing the victim, chopping her body into multiple pieces and dumping them at different locations in the city. The incident took place in May this year but it came to light six months later, said the police.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *